Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Kenya Scholars & Studies Association (KESSA)

I am comfortable in stating that Kenyans are smart. Our problem has never been a lack of educated or talented people. I have been continually (and very pleasantly) surprised to find Kenyans or people of Kenyan descent (i.e. immigrants and their offspring) contributing, competing and succeeding even in the most challenging professions worldwide.

So, over the weekend, I got an email from the Association of Kenyan Professionals in Atlanta (AKPA) regarding an upcoming Conference in Bowling Green Ohio hosted by KESSA. I think I will make it a point to try and attend it to check them out. The US educational system is rated as one of the best in the world and there are clearly Kenyans serving as educators in various fields and capacities in some of its institutions of higher learning. There are also Kenyans doing the same in Kenya, Europe, South Africa, Australia and many other parts of the world.

I think these guys may have something worthwhile to contribute (I am speaking faith here since i don't know any of these guys personally). In-fact, I think we Kenyans where ever we are can make out country great.

Oh yeah and although this really news to most of us, this should be interesting reading too.

No comments: